Things have been pretty depressing around these parts lately. I know it, you know it. It’s getting pretty goddamn old pretty goddamn fast.
SO. A few things I can actually smile about:
- Beautiful, cute, gorgeous, adorable, cuddly dogs. Callie, Colt and Velvet are sweet, sweet, sweet. It’s like they can tell I’m not right, I’m not myself and that I just need a little TLC. Colt snuggles with me, Callie is very sweet and affectionate, and Velvet just lays there, resting her head on my feet as if to say, “I’m here if you need me, Mom.”
- Private Practice. Have y’all seen this show lately? I have to admit, it took me awhile to get into it. But something about Grey’s Anatomy is just getting a little old (though I am still a little swoony over McDreamy) but, um, HELLO TAYE DIGGS.
- Work. I know, right? But, almost a year in, and I still don’t go a day at work without thinking how truly lucky I am to have a job I enjoy, that I don’t hate waking up for in the morning. I really, really love my job, my coworkers. I am one of the lucky ones.
- Online shopping. Or, you know, retail therapy. Recent purchases include a scarf, a jacket, a necklace, a pair of gloves, a sweater and a pair of jeans. Don’t worry, there will be a whoooole post dedicated to the beauty that is the recent additions to my closet.
- Irony. Sometimes, when life hands you shitty situations (or you put yourself in a shitty life situation), you have to laugh at life’s ironies when they arise. Maybe irony isn’t the right word here, actually, but I can’t explain without ACTUALLY explaining it and, well, that’s just not gonna happen. But… god, life is funny sometimes, y’all.
- The change in seasons. My part of the state isn’t always the most gorgeous place to see, but sometimes it is. My house on the hill allows me to see some things I wouldn’t otherwise. The fog in the valley first thing in the morning, though it can be troublesome to drive in, is a pretty remarkable thing to see. A morning I don’t see deer on my drive to work is abnormal. Have you seen deer close up and in person? They are gorgeous, truly gorgeous creatures.