Chelsea over at Roots & Rings does this Ten (questions) on Tuesday thing and… this is me, trying to get out of a blogging funk.
Here we go!
1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
My plans are pretty much on hold right now, depending on the weather. I’m no good at driving in snow, and it’s snowing, so there’s that. Best case scenario, I’d go to my mom’s for Thanksgiving, and the traveling to the regular mish-mash of Christmas festivities starting in the middle of December.
2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
I try to plan ahead, but sometimes planning too far ahead gives me anxiety (only joking a little bit here, people) so a lot of the time I just kind of play it by ear.
3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
We usually eat at Mom’s around… 2 or 3? After snacking all morning… then I usually eat again later in the evening.
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
LOUNGE! Play on the internet while silly boys watch their silly football.
6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
Nooo no no no. My big sister has tried to get me to go with her a couple times, but I am just not okay with waking up that early on a day I don’t have to go to work. I think I would like to give it a shot one of these years, though, just to say I did it.
7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
I’m a procrastinator, so… sometimes, I get my last gift on my way to whatever event at which I’m supposed to deliver said gift. Whoops.
8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
Budget, schmudget. Just gotta be able to pay (most of) the bills.
9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
Whenever I want. I put up a couple little things this weekend.
10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
I usually keep it pretty simple, but then, I’ve never decorated a house I OWN for Christmas, so this year might be different?
Image source: Martin Cathrae
Ten on Tuesday: Roots and Rings