A Note from the Universe:
The reason there are so many people in the world, Kaci, is so that each of you might at least find a few of them to love.
And ye shall be transformed.
I know some of you may receive the daily Notes from the Universe as well, and some of you may have gotten this exact one the other day, but I don’t care – I wanted to highlight it here anyway because I am so lucky – SO lucky – to have the people in my life I do, to have the people to love that I do. So thank you for being an amazing person in my life.
Now, for some baby and wedding updates that you get in bullet form because I can’t keep my shit straight for long enough to write actual paragraphs with transitions and whatnot:
- Wedding planning is going well! I went shopping with my sister and found My Dress at the first! store! we went to! I actually got it from David’s Bridal, and while there is nothing *really* wrong with David’s Bridal, I just wasn’t expecting to find the dress there. For one, I’d looked over everything of theirs on their website a couple times over, and nothing really impressed me… for me. Then there’s the whole chain-wedding-store thing that I just wasn’t really into. BUT my sister made the appointment and I figured it couldn’t hurt to have someone who actually knows about wedding dresses helping me out, so I went for it and I am so glad I did, because the dress I got is… well, I’m in love with it. And I can’t wait to share it with you all! But it’s not on the DB website, and I left the dress at my sister’s house so I wasn’t tempted to share it with the entire world before the big day, so you just get to wait.
- On that note, our wedding is in less than four weeks. People keep asking me if I’m excited, and truthfully, at this point… no. But that’s only because I’m so worried about making sure everything is done and ok and, well, great. I think the day of, or the day before, I’ll feel the excitement and nerves, but right now… notsomuch.
- I’ve gained six pounds in the last four weeks.
- We had a baby check-up last week and everything is going well, except for the fact that I’ve gained SIX POUNDS IN THE LAST FOUR WEEKS. And, I know, I’m pregnant and I’m going to gain weight, but this has been an eye opener already. There’s a blog post in there somewhere, so look for that in the (hopefully near) future.
- Our mid-pregnancy ultrasound was scheduled for Wednesday, July 13. Yes, that is the ultrasound that can tell us whether we are having a boy or a girl. Yes, we are going to find out and yes, I realize that’s not nearly as fun as keeping it a surprise. BUT! We’re not telling anybody the name we decide on, so there. Also, yes, that is three days before our wedding and YES, we are going to do something fun to announce it at the reception. Whew.
- I’m sure there’s more, but I forgot it.