1. Mac or Windows? (Or Linux for you super geeks!)
Windows. Sometimes I really miss working on a Mac at work (like when it comes time to design something for print), but when it comes down to it I just like Windows better. It helps, too, that I have Windows 7 at work. LOVE Windows 7.
2. What drew you to that operating system?
I’ve just been around Windows more in general. I hadn’t even touched a Mac, really, until I started working at the Evergreen.
3. Mice: Wireless or wired? Mouse pad or none?
Both at home and work I have a wired mouse (except on my laptop, no mouse there – just the touchpad). I like not having to worry about dying batteries.
4. Other than the internet, what do you use your computer most for?
Photos. Especially lately, with all the wedding photos I’m getting back (!!!!!!).
5. What’s one computer-related thing you wish you were best at? (CSS, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)
I REALLY wish I knew the ins and outs of Photoshop.
6. Describe the first time you ever used a computer.
I… really can’t remember for sure. I’ve always been super interested in computers and technology, and though I can definitely remember a time before computers were in my life, I really can’t remember when they entered my life.
7. How often do you upgrade to a new operating system?
Just when I get a new computer. I’m on Vista and 7 (Starter) at home, so I’m pretty good to go for a while.
8. Are you a short-cutter (CTRL + C) or a right-clicker?
Short-cutter, for sure.
9. Is computer use a constant thing in your life (such as using it both at work and home) or do you get a break (because you don’t use them at work)?
My whole life is basically spent in front of a computer.
10. Where do you think the world would be if personal computers did not exist?
Um, have you seen Mad Men?