I just found out about Grace in Small Things, a project aimed at reminding us of the positives in our daily lives we so often overlook.
While I think this is a pretty great idea (honestly, I’ve been pretty negative the last month or so), I just can’t get myself to commit. Granted, the site does encourage people to do it any way they see fit, I just can’t say I’m going to “do it.”
So, randomly, whenever the hell I feel like it, I’ll try to remember to post a couple or five small (or maybe big) things in my life that are positive. Starting today.
- House reruns. If it weren’t for the reruns, I’d never get to watch it. And I love House.
- Dogs that loves me. As I type this, Callie’s head is resting on my leg and Velvet is lying on the floor next to me.
- Super Nintendo. Enough said.
- Alone time. Even though Pete’s got to work tonight (and probably tomorrow night, too), I can focus on the fact that it’ll allow me to clock in some quality alone time and do nothing constructive around the house (like dishes and laundry).
- Despite the poor economy, Pete got a raise! I won’t discuss details, but it’s a pretty good raise and it couldn’t have come at a better time.