Erin and Erin B. Inspired tagged me in this meme, and really… well, I like filling out surveys (and I’m a little excited that she thought to tag ME – I love her blog, so go check it out if you haven’t already!) so what the heck?
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
- No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I was raised around hunting (mainly deer/elk, but my husband hunts – or would like to hunt – just about every kind of game out there) but couldn’t imagine killing anything myself.
- … but I realllllly like to eat the meat!
- Since about 1/3 of the way through my pregnancy, I haven’t been able to stomach stuffed pastas (ravioli, etc.)… forget about eating it, I can’t even think about the stuff. Still.
- I ate my first hot dog at the age of 21. Before that, I swore I hated them.
- I was one of the first in my family to graduate from a 4-year university. Go Cougs!
- In college, I studied journalism and still love the field (specifically, copy editing and newspaper design), but working in journalism just isn’t for me.
- Because of studying journalism, I’m very picky about grammar. Example: I hate it when people say “over $300” when they really mean “more than $300.”
- I watch entirely too much Law & Order: SVU and NCIS. I am not ashamed.
- One of the best birthday gifts I ever received was a half flat of strawberries from my big sister. I love strawberries.
- I can’t imagine life without dogs. I complain about them a lot (The hair! It’s everywhere! The mess! I can’t keep this place clean! Blah blah blah!) but I LOVE our dogs.
- I am overwhelmed by the thought of writing E’s birth story, but it’s something I really, really want to do.
- Where is one place (city, state, or country) that you are dying to visit?
Paris. Rome. London. Greece. EUROPE. Australia. New Zealand.
- What is your bed time?
Ha! What’s that? I (try to) sleep when E sleeps… which, lately, has only been during the day. Apparently he’s like his mama and is a bit of a night owl in his younger years. Example: Last night he was awake from 10:30 pm to 5:00 am. FIVE IN THE MORNING.
- What is one resolution or goal you have for 2012?
Increase my patience. I’ve never been a very patient person, and dealing with a newborn with my low levels of patience is not easy, y’all.
- What would be your last supper?
My mom’s fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, with my grandma’s potato salad, a fresh green salad and some pumpkin pie. And strawberry cheesecake.
- If you could eat a meal with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My dad… I miss him.
- What is your favorite animal?
Dogs! I can’t live without ’em.
- What is your dream job?
I don’t know about you, but I think the cast of Myth Busters has it pretty good.
- Who is your hero?
After going through labor (and the aftermath) and becoming a mother, I have a whole new respect for my mom. Case in point: She was back to work full-time TWO WEEKS after having me. Good grief. I can’t even.
- When you need a snack, do you reach for sweet or salty? (Bonus points if you list your favorite snack.)
Usually salty, but lately I’ve been all about the sweet.
- Does your style have a signature? (For example, [Erin’s] known for bold colors and loud prints.)
Not really. These days, I’m lucky if my personal styles involves a shower within the last 24 hours.
- What is your favorite book?
I really enjoyed “The Help.” And of course, there’s Harry Potter. There’s always Harry Potter.
- What is your favorite TV series?
- What is your favorite holiday, and why?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- PC or Mac?
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?
- Why do you do the job you do?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- Why is dealing with the Social Security office such an immense pain in the ass?
- What is the best way for you to learn something? (e.g., watching someone else do it, reading, doing it yourself)
- “It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.” Discuss.
- What is the best restaurant you’ve ever visited, and where is it? (And are there any in Washington state?)
Nobody. Sorry, I’m a grinch (and also tired and strapped for time – when oh when will Baby E wake up?!) so I’m not actually going to tag anyone… but if you decide to play along and answer the questions I supplied above, please let me know!
Because it’s the holidays… (and that’s just the kind of thing you do during the holidays)…
I decided to give away THREE $25 promo codes to overnightprints.com. That’s right, not two, but three.
And the winners (chosen at random by random.org) are:
Congratulations! The winners should have already received an email from me.